Imphal: Delhi Police busted an inter-state auto lifter gang and arrested four persons, including one from Manipur’s Imphal West district, on Friday.
In a press statement issued by Delhi Police, an inter-state auto lifter gang of northeastern state Manipur, Meerut (UP) and Indore (MP) was busted and four key members were arrested in the national capital.
One of the key members of the gang, Sharik Hussain alias Satta, has been operating the gang from Dubai, said the police.
During a search operation, the police said they seized 21 high-end luxury cars, including 10 Fortuners, four Cretas, five Balenos, one XUV 500 and one Ecco Maruti with automotive transmission worth approximately of Rs 5 crore.
The police said the four arrested men, including 27-year-old Sagolsem Johnson Singh from Manipur, were part of an inter-state gang who stole vehicles from Delhi NCR and sold the vehicles in Manipur, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
The other three persons arrested are Abid, 30, from Amroha in Uttar Pradesh, Mohammed Asif, 33, from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh, and Salman from Indore in Madhya Pradesh.
According to the deputy commissioner of police south West Delhi, Gaurav Sharma, this gang has sold a large number of stolen vehicles in Manipur and Indore, and other states of India.
Earlier, a team of Delhi Police, with the help of Manipur police, had recovered 12 stolen vehicles in Manipur. The team of police recovered the stolen vehicles from different parts of the state.
- Arunachal to provide budgetary support to promote sports events: Khandu
- 5 suspected ‘Chinese’ nationals caught with precious stones at Gangtok hotel
- Nagaland: One person killed in Mon during protests, death toll rises to 14
- Review: ‘Drushyam 2’ is just as good as its Malayalam original
- Eastern Naga students condemn ‘inhuman massacre’, call for end of AFSPA
- Lynched Sri Lankan’s nearly all bones broken, 99% body burnt: Pak report