Imphal: A bomb blast has been reported in Imphal West district on Thursday. However, no injury was reported since it occurred early in the morning, as per reports.
Security forces in the state are on high alert after last Saturday’s terror attack on Assam Rifles convoy in Churachandpur district.
As per reports, the latest blast took place in front of a shop belonging to one Mohammad Tolen at Koirengei around 4 am Thursday.
No individual or organisation has claimed responsibility for the explosion till the time of filing of this report.
A search operation is on to trace the perpetrators, sources said.
In Saturday’s attack, five Assam Rifles personnel, including commanding officer col Viplav Tripathi, his wife and their minor son, were killed.
- When was talking invented? A language scientist explains the evolution
- Thousands more species at risk of extinction than recorded: study
- Why pseudo-secular ‘tukde-tukde gang ‘ wants to destroy judiciary, questions Rijiju
- Manipur: Tributes paid to martyrs on Patriots’ Day
- Thirty years on, why ‘The Satanic Verses’ remains so controversial
- Sikkim: I-day football ends in brawl between Tibetan special army, IRBn