Imphal: Four persons have reportedly been arrested in Manipur for smuggling of drugs worth Rs two crore by a team of Narcotics and Border Affairs (NAB) on Thursday.
Taking to his Twitter handle, Manipur chief minister N Biren Singh said, “State government achieving great success in busting the complicated drug racket”.
According to the chief minister, the suspected contraband, ice drug (Crystal methamphetamine), weighed 1 kg, and is suspected to have smuggled from neighbouring Myanmar.
During interrogation, another person who was supposed to receive the drug package was also arrested from Sekmai, Singh said.
A case has been registered for further investigation.
- ONGC chopper makes emergency landing in high-sea; 4 rescued
- Billionaire Pallonji Mistry dies at 93; PM pays tribute
- Railways to transport relief materials free of cost to flood affected areas of NE
- Guwahati: Here’s how the rebel Shiv Sena MLAs are whiling time at hotel
- Bengal student takes Facebook job, rejects Amazon, Google. His salary?
- Modi says geopolitical tension not limited to Europe; rising prices affecting all