Imphal: At least 55 more persons, including three personnel from Central armed forces, have tested positive for COVID-19 and two deaths reported in Manipur. With this, the total confirmed cases is 1,23,842 and the cumulative death reached 1,925.
The fresh positive cases are from Imphal West (31),Imphal East (5), Tengnoupal (8), Thoubal (2), Ukhrul (2), Chandel (2), Bishnupur (1) and Kakching (1).
Also, the latest two victims are from Imphal West and Imphal East. Both of them had co-morbidities and none of them had been vaccinated, according to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
At present, a total of 704 remains as active cases, it said.
Moreover, with 61 more persons discharged in the last 24 hours, the recovery rate from coronavirus is 97.88%.
- India, CARICOM nations agree to work on global issues including climate change
- Demand for sand in Bangladesh escalates illegal activities, threatens environment
- India and Nepal agree to take Sapta Kosi high dam project forward
- ‘Serial’ podcast’s Adnan Syed has murder conviction vacated. How common are wrongful convictions?
- Nagaland failed to submit Rs 600 cr utilisation certificates for 251 projects: CAG
- What’s this ‘longevity’ diet, and will it really make you live longer?