Manipur’s fearless cop Thounaojam Brinda will be participating in the upcoming Manipur General Elections in 2022. She will contest elections from the Yaiskul Assembly Constituency.
The former Additional Superintendent of Police had made the headlines in 2018 in a drugs haul case. Brinda received the Chief Minister’s Police Medal for Gallantry, the same year, for her contribution in curbing smuggling activities in Manipur.
She had returned the award after a Special Court in Imphal acquitted Lhukosei Zou, former chairman of Autonomous District Council, among seven people who were arrested in the drugs haul case in 2018.
In 2020, Thounaojam Brinda alleged in a court document of being under pressure by the state’s CM to release Zou. She was also vocal about interventions from the CM and accused him of delaying investigation against him.
- IIT-Guwahati shares energy efficient cookstoves tech with industry partner
- Maha: Man held for duping shopkeepers by calling in woman’s voice
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters