Imphal: The Shiv Sena said that three Congress members switched sides and joined the party on Monday.
Thagjam Shyam, who was the Congress candidate in the Khudrakpam seat in the last assembly elections, was among the leaders who switched sides, Shiv Sena’s Manipur unit president Moirangthem Tombi Singh told PTI.
Besides, Congress Seva Dal additional chief organiser Okram Ibohanbi, its former advisor Senjam Mangoljao and Thokchom Bhubon, the former head of the Bamon Kampu gram panchayat in Imphal East, joined the Shiv Sena, he said.
The Manipur Democratic Alliance (MDA), comprising six political parties, will fight the next assembly elections to be held in 2022, he said.
- Long Covid linked with increased body weight : Study
- Arunachal: 2 more govt officials held in APPSCCE-2017 paper leak case
- Kolkata International Book Fair from Jan 30
- Paleo diet: new evidence changes what we thought about how ancient humans prepared food
- India’s G-20 Presidency will be consultative, collaborative: Jaishankar
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Schedule, fixtures, predictions today, Dec 2