Imphal: In the last 24 hours, as many as 1,104 persons tested positive for COVID-19 and 14 deaths were reported in Manipur. With it, the state’s tally of the positive confirmed cases and death toll are 81,560 and 1,340, respectively.
As of Thursday, the total active cases in the state is 8,558, out of which 3,436 persons are on home isolation, according to the latest state’s health bulletin.
The new cases, all civilians, were tested positive at RIMS (30), JNIMS (125), district hospitals (668) and other testing facilities (216).
According to the state level COVID-19 Deaths Audit Committee, the latest 14 deaths were reported from Imphal West (5), Churachandpur (3), Bishnupur (3), Kangpokpi (2) and Kakching (1).
Also, the new positive cases include 289 from Imphal West, 270 from Imphal East, 98 from Churachandpur, 94 from Bishnupur, 85 from Kakching, 72 from Thoubal, 44 from Tamenglong, 26 from Noney, 23 from Chandel, 15 from Senapati, 12 from Kangpokpi, five from Kamjong, four from Tengnoupal and one each from Pherzawl and Ukhrul districts, respectively.
Meanwhile, apart from the fresh positive cases, 677 persons were discharged on Thursday, in which 298 are from home isolation, 19 from RIMS, 14 from JNIMS, 147 from COVID-19 care centers and the remaining 199 are from community home isolation centers (CHICs).
With this, the total number of recovered cases is 71,662 while the recovery rate stood at 87.86%.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence