Imphal: Two militants belonging to the United Kuki Liberation Front (UKLF) were arrested by police along with arms and ammunition from Manipur’s Chandel district on Saturday, a senior police officer said.
Superintendent of Police of Kakching, Victoria Yengkhom told PTI that the two militants were arrested from Phaijang village in neighbouring Chandel district by a team of Kakching District Police.
The SP said that the police team also seized one AK-47 rifle with three magazines and 40 live rounds, one 12 bore pump action gun with 4 live rounds and some documents from the possession of the two militants.
The two militants were extorting money from common people and harassing them, she added.
Police have registered a case against the arrested UKLF militants at Sugnu Police Station for further investigation and appropriate legal action, the SP further added.
- Meghalaya: Hills Festival 2023 wraps up with eclectic cultural celebrations
- It is time we discussed the impending Deepfake apocalypse
- Sikkim flood: Govt begins process of issuing death certificates for missing persons
- Brahmaputra Valley Film Festival to begin on Dec 14: See details here
- Nagaland: Pastor arrested in ‘Mystery Box’ scam
- Mizoram: Drug-related deaths highest in nearly two decades