Imphal: On Tuesday, Manipur reported 780 new COVID-19 cases while 11 people lost their battle to the deadly virus. With this, the total confirmed positive cases have reached 69,198, and the number of total fatalities rose to 1141.
The new cases were reported from the Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (7), Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (105), district hospitals (496) and other testing centres (172).
At present, the number of active cases is 5,923, of which 2,383 people are in home isolation facilities.
Of the latest 11 COVID-related deaths, six are from Imphal West, three from Thoubal and one each from Chandel and Imphal East districts.
The new COVID positive cases include 201 from Imphal West, 160 from Imphal East, 153 from Churachandpur, 120 from Thoubal, 58 from Bishnupur, 47 from Kakching, 11 from Noney, eight from Tengnoupal, seven from Ukhrul, three each from Chandel, Kamjong and Senapati, two from Jiribam and one from Pherzawl.
All the necessary precautionary medical measures like contact tracing and containment are in place, said the Additional Health Director, Dr Sasheekumar Mangang, in a circular.
Moreover, apart from the new cases, 488 people were discharged in the last 24 hours. The recovered include 228 who were in home isolation facilities, 19 from RIMS, seven from JNIMS, 90 from COVID Care Centres, and the remaining 144 from community health isolation centres (CHICs). The recovery rate stood at 89.79%.
- Assam TMC open to local alliances with parties fighting BJP: Ripun Bora
- Two Pak fishermen nabbed off Gujarat coast, sustain bullet injuries during escape bid
- Manipur: Assam Rifles recovers cache of weapons in Churachandpur
- Arunachal: 526 kg of marijuana seized, one woman arrested
- Drug addiction affects society as a whole: Meghalaya DyCM
- Will Gorkhaland Territorial polls in Darjeeling usher in a new era?