Imphal: In a major breakthrough against insurgent activities, troops of Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (East) arrested an active militant of banned outfit Kuki National Army-India (KNA-I) from Tuisomjang village in Manipur‘s Churachandpur district on Thursday.
KNA-I is a ‘non-suspension of operations’ group based in Manipur.
Based on specific intelligence inputs regarding the presence of an active militant in the general area Tuisomjang, troops of Loktak Battalion Assam Rifles, with bold and swift action, launched an operation and successfully arrested the active militant of KNA-I from Tuisomjang village.
The arrested rebel, identified as Thongkhosat Haokip of Tuisomjang, has been handed over to Churachandpur Police Station for further investigation.
- Assam produced 34 lakh kg of beef in 2019-20
- Meghalaya reports 521 new COVID-19 cases, 7 more deaths
- COVID-19 surge: Centre deploys multi-disciplinary team to Manipur
- Assam logs 1,065 new COVID-19 cases, 19 more deaths
- Police encounters continue in Assam, one more accused injured
- Tripura: After students’ protests, TBSE to review board exam results