Imphal: In a major breakthrough against insurgent activities, troops of Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (East) arrested an active militant of banned outfit Kuki National Army-India (KNA-I) from Tuisomjang village in Manipur‘s Churachandpur district on Thursday.
KNA-I is a ‘non-suspension of operations’ group based in Manipur.
Based on specific intelligence inputs regarding the presence of an active militant in the general area Tuisomjang, troops of Loktak Battalion Assam Rifles, with bold and swift action, launched an operation and successfully arrested the active militant of KNA-I from Tuisomjang village.
The arrested rebel, identified as Thongkhosat Haokip of Tuisomjang, has been handed over to Churachandpur Police Station for further investigation.
- Rlys achieves 1,000 MT milestone for FY 2022-23
- Bogtui massacre: CBI arrests slain TMC leader’s stepbrother
- Bodhi Day 2022: Date, History and Significance
- SC directs Centre, RBI to produce demonetisation records
- Arunachal: Four more govt officials held in APPSCCE-2017 paper leak case
- Centre ‘forcefully’ pushing through bills in Parliament: Mamata Banerjee