Imphal: Manipur on Sunday reported its highest daily spike of 1,032 new COVID-19 cases and 17 deaths. With this, the total active cases in the state have now shot up to 8,482 while the recovery rate stands at 81.40 per cent. The cumulative number of COVID-19 cases has now mounted to 49,882.
Of the 1,032 new COVID-19 cases, 310 were reported from Imphal West, 281 from Imphal East, 100 from Churachandpur, 95 from Thoubal, 78 from Bishnupur, 46 from Tamenglong, 36 from Kakching, 25 from Jiribam, 18 from Senapati, 15 from Ukhurl, 11 from Tengnoupal, nine from Kamjong, five from Chandel and one each from Kangpokpi, Noney and Pherzawl districts.
Of the 17 fresh fatalities, five each were reported from Imphal East and Churachandpur, four from Imphal West, two from Kakching and one from Ukhrul district.
So far, the total number of persons who succumbed to COVID-19 is 793.
- Official: US at turning point in dealing with Myanmar crisis
- Income tax refunds of Rs 92,961 cr issued during this fiscal: CBDT
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs
- India’s vaccination prog. science- born, science-driven, science-based: PM
- Nagaland reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, recoveries surpass new infections
- NCB records actor Ananya Panday’s statement; likely to call her on Friday