Ukhrul: A 40-year-old reportedly tested positive for COVID-19 after his death in Ukhrul district in Manipur on Wednesday.
The deceased person has been identified as Thotreitha Hongray of Shirui village.
As per sources from the district health department, the man was declared dead in the village, after which his sample was sent for testing. It tested positive for COVID-19.
His sample was tested for COVID-19 through Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT), said the source.
Soon after the report of his death, Ukhrul district magistrate Joseph Pauline Kamson declared Shirui village as a containment zone to spread the further spread of the virus.
Whoever came in contact with the deceased has been advised strict isolation and the medical department informed for necessary action, the DM added.
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19
- Madras High Court stays certain sub-clauses of new IT Rules
- Virat Kohli will step down as T20 Captain after World Cup In Dubai