On Sunday, as many as 170 COVID-19 norm violators, including those who failed to wear face masks, did not maintain social distancing in public places and spitted in public places, were detained as preventive measures to check the spread of the deadly coronavirus in the state.
The police released them later after giving stern warning. The department also collected Rs 44,200 as fine from the offenders as per law.
Those who violate the guidelines and restrictions shall be dealt with strong legal action under the National Disaster Management Act, 2005 and other appropriate laws, said the police.
So far, the police across 16 districts in the state have collected Rs 2,08,88,860 as fine from 1,41,768 offenders and detained 51,850 vehicles in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thoubal tops the list with a collection of Rs 60,93,070 as fine and detention of 65,895 violators in the district till date.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19