Imphal: Manipur reported 730 new COVID-19 positive cases, all from the general population, on Saturday. This is the highest number of cases registered in the state in a day.
The new positive cases include 268 from Imphal West, 208 from Imphal East, 58 from Kakching, 53 from Thoubal, 39 from Tamenglong, 38 from Bishnupur, 28 from Churachandpur, 15 from Kangpokpi, eight each from Ukhrul and Jiribam, five from Chandel and two from Senapati, respectively.
The total confirmed cases now stands at 39,052 with 6,215 active cases while the recovery rate has dipped to 82.64%.
Meanwhile, 10 more persons infected with COVID-19 succumbed to the virus in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of deaths to 562. The victims are from Imphal West (6), Imphal East (2), Churachandpur (1) and Kakching (1).
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh