Imphal: More than 50 beneficiaries received the first dose of Covishield vaccine at the Tousem Primary Health Centre (PHC) in Tamenglong district on Monday under the supervision of forest, environment and climate change minister Awangbow Newmai, Tamenglong DC Armstrong Pame and SDO Paul Nangsha.
Elderly persons from the villages of Thiulon, Saramba, Azuram and Namtiram received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. The villagers thanked the state government, medical team and authorities for organising the vaccination drive cum campaign. They also expressed concerns over the bad road condition they might face during the rainy season when they visit Tousem PHC for their second dose of the vaccine.
Medical Officer, Tousem PHC, Dr Nathanael Daimei, suggested to the villagers that if they cannot reach Tousem PHC for their second dose of the vaccine, they can get vaccinated at the nearest accessible centre.
He also informed the general public on the importance of vaccination during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Meanwhile, minister Newmai expressed concerns over the rise in COVID-19 cases and deaths during the second wave of the pandemic. He appealed to all the eligible citizens to get vaccinated and also raise awareness on the importance of the vaccination to other villagers as well.
He further said that the challenge can be overcome when the government and the people of the state work hand in hand by strictly following the COVID-19 protocols/guidelines laid down by the authorities and by getting a vaccination.
- Assam cash for job scam: 57 civil servants arrested, dismissed
- Sarma launches Mission Lifestyle for Environment’ in Assam
- Over 30 projects being executed under Smart City Mission: Mizoram DyCM
- New Catfish species discovered in Arunachal
- 11 dead as powerful 6.8 magnitude earthquake jolts Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Not much impact of untimely rains on crops, states assessing damage: Tomar