Imphal: In the last 24 hours, 34 more persons have tested positive for COVID-19, while one person succumbed to the virus in Churachandpur district in Manipur. With this, the total cases in the district now stand at 2,540 =, with 271 active cases.
Of the 76 samples tested for COVID-19, 30 tested positive in the Rapid Antigen Test at the district hospital and other testing sites. Four more samples, including one from a returnee, were collected in Imphal.
The latest victim, a male aged 42, was expired at Churachandpur district hospital. The deceased, according to the district hospital authority, died due to acute abdomen hollow viscus perforation.
He tested COVID-19 positive on Friday and was admitted to the district hospital on Sunday, it said.
Also Read: Manipur: COHSEM clarifies following fake news of exam cancellation
As of Monday, out of the 20 beds available at the dedicated COVID-19 centre at the district hospital, 17 are already occupied and 16 of them are on oxygen support.
Other infected patients are being treated at COVID-19 care centre at Lanva TD Block, Lingsiphai, military isolation centre/facilities and about 128 are kept in the home isolation, it said.
- Mizoram churches condole death of Assam Police personnel in border clash
- Won’t allow illegal coke factories in East Jaintia Hills: MLA Kyrmen Shylla
- Independent committee to probe ‘rice scam’: Meghalaya govt
- Boundary row: Mizoram Youth Congress seeks President’s intervention
- The Optics of India’s ‘Chinky’ medalists at the Olympics
- Heartbreak as Indian women crash out of Olympic hockey final race