Imphal: Assam Rifles (AR) troops have seized arms and ammunition from Moreh town in Manipur near the India-Myanmar border, a press release issued by the paramilitary force said on Monday.
In an operation in Manipur’s Tengnoupla district on Saturday, the Assam Rifles troops seized one assault rifle with magazine, ammunition and two Chinese-made hand grenades from a house, the release said.
The seized items were handed over to Moreh police station for appropriate legal action, the release added.
- Garo’s colourful 100 Drums Wangala festival celebrated in Assam
- Drones to track Ganja plantation: Tripura CM
- Mizoram: BJP to form next govt in Mara Autonomous Council
- Arunachal CM exhorts people to perform fundamental duties
- Tripura BJP launches ‘Har Ghar BJP’ outreach programme before polls
- Contribution of women members of Constituent Assembly rarely discussed: PM Modi