Imphal: Assam Rifles (AR) troops have seized arms and ammunition from Moreh town in Manipur near the India-Myanmar border, a press release issued by the paramilitary force said on Monday.
In an operation in Manipur’s Tengnoupla district on Saturday, the Assam Rifles troops seized one assault rifle with magazine, ammunition and two Chinese-made hand grenades from a house, the release said.
The seized items were handed over to Moreh police station for appropriate legal action, the release added.
- Maternal uncle sentenced to 25-years in jail for raping niece
- Arunachal: Congress imposes bandh in Siang over failure to restore Highway
- BJP MLA writes to Nadda, demands separation of Darjeeling from Bengal
- Centre to appoint CS with working knowledge of Mizo language: Zoramthanga
- Repeal AFSPA, deliver justice: Kohima residents take to streets
- AFSPA misused, should be repealed: Arunachal Congress MLA Ering