Imphal: In the last 24 hours, five more COVID-19 patients succumbed to the virus in Manipur, the highest number of deaths reported in a day since the outbreak of the second wave of the pandemic.
The latest deaths include two from Imphal East, and one each from Imphal West, Churachandpur and Thoubal districts. They were aged 35, 53 (2), 57 and 75. The total cumulative deaths related to COVID-19 now stands at 390 in the state.
Meanwhile, another 146 new cases, including seven air passengers, were reported COVID positive on Monday, taking the total confirmed cases to 30,567. The active cases have surged to 910 from across the state.
As per the latest health bulletin, the new positive cases are from Imphal West (72), Imphal East (42), Ukhrul (11), Bishnupur (5), Kakching (5), Kangpokpi (4), Thoubal (4), Chandel (2) and Tengnoupal (1).
All necessary medical precautionary measures like containment and contact tracing are in place, the bulletin said.
- Assam: Three arrested for torturing alleged burglar in Hailakandi
- Men don’t see mess like women do: How to make housework more equal
- Webb detects smallest main belt asteroid by chance: NASA
- Ultra-processed foods linked to increased cancer risk: Study
- Former Manipur footballers excited for tri-nation meet in Imphal
- How Nepalis’ love of momo threatens endangered wild water buffaloes