Imphal: Manipur chief minister N Biren Singh on Tuesday felicitated Songashim Rungsung from Ukhrul district who bagged the Rubaru Mr India-United Continents title at the recently concluded Rubaru Mr India pageant held in Goa.
Rungsung’s historic achievement marked Manipur’s debut at Rubaru Mr India, the country’s biggest annual pageant for men, this year.
Taking to his Facebook page, CM Singh said: “Delighted to felicitate Songashim Rungsung from Talui village in Ukhrul district who bagged the Rubaru Mr India-United Continents title at the recently concluded Rubaru Mr India 2020-2021 pageant held in Goa.”
The chief minister also felicitated Miss Manipur 2019 AR Mathing, who is also from Ukhrul district.
“I wish them all the very best in their future events and all their endeavours,” the CM added.
Rungsung, a Bengaluru-based freelance model, will now represent India at Mr United Continents event to be held later this year.
Earlier, Rungsung, 25, was warmly received by family and friends upon his arrival at the Imphal Airport.
Rungsung was among the three contestants from Northeast India who participated in the prestigious competition this year. He created history by bagging the pageant title of Rubaru Mr India-United Continents.
Born to Abraham Rungsung and Homila Rungsung, Songashim earlier marked his presence at the Mega Mr Northeast in 2018. He made it to the top 10 list.
- MSSSB: Mizoram student’s body protests over ‘jobs to Non-Mizos’
- Northeast industrial body hails Budget 2023 as ‘growth-oriented’
- Assam: G-20 delegates visit Kaziranga ahead of first series of events
- SDF demands CM’s resignation, blames Sikkim govt for ‘immigrant row’
- Meghalaya 2023: AICC takes on CM over ‘no development’ remark
- Now, Sikkim CM blames Chamling for taking old settlers’ issue to SC