The International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is observed every year on 26 June to spreading awareness about the serious issues caused because of drug abuse across the world.
The aim is to strengthen action and cooperation to achieve the goal of an international society free of drug abuse.
The United Nations General Assembly declared 26 June as the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking on 7 December 1987. The problem of drug abuse was already recognised globally during the early 20th century.
Theme of International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking 2021
This year, the theme of International Day against Drug Abuse is ‘Share Facts on Drugs, Save Lives’. According to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the motive is to combat misinformation by sharing real facts on drugs — from health risks and solutions for the world drug problem to evidence-based prevention, treatment, and care.
As per UNODC, COVID-19 has brought unprecedented public awareness of health, protective measures for staying healthy, and most importantly, protecting each other. “A growing sense of global community and solidarity continues to emerge, as does the need to ensure health care for all. World Drug Day is a day to share research findings, evidence-based data, and life-saving facts, and to continue tapping into a shared spirit of solidarity,” it reads on its website.
Uplifting anti-drugs messages & quotes to share with your loved ones
- The occasion of International Anti Drug Day reminds us that there are still so many people trapped in the clutches of drugging. Warm wishes on this day to you.
- Let us celebrate the occasion of International Anti Drug Day by making everyone aware of the threats posed by drug abuse. Happy International Anti Drug Day to all.
- Drugs have the power to take away all the good things we have in our lives and ultimately our lives. Don’t let that happen. Warm wishes on International Anti Drug Day.
- Wishing you a very Happy International Anti Drug Day you. Saying yes to drugs is the biggest mistake you can make in your life.
- A very Happy International Anti Drug Day to you my dear. Let us embrace life and not drugs to have a successful, blessed, and happy life ahead.
“If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” – Benjamin Alire Saenz
“It Does Not Matter How Slowly You Go as Long As You Do Not Stop.” – Confucius
“When your past calls, don’t answer. It has nothing new to say.”
“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you have no strength.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fall.”- Oliver Goldsmith
“Don’t let the past steal your present.” Terri Guillemets