Netizens on Twitter are furious and demanding the boycott of actor Kareena Kapoor Khan and trending #BoycottKareenaKhan after reports said she has demanded a professional fee of Rs 12 crore for playing the role of Sita in an upcoming mythological period saga called ‘Ramayana’.
Twitter is flooded with #BoycottKareenaKhan posts, alleging that she is hurting their religious sentiments. Social media users also said that the demand of Rs 12 crores for a role is too much and is ‘against humanity’.
In fact, the hashtag is trending number 1 in India with over 1.17 lakh tweets.
Some people have also called to boycott the film’s director for planning to cast Kareena. A social media user also dragged in Kareena’s actor-husband Saif Ali Khan and alleged that while earlier Saif hurt Hindu sentiments with Tandav, now Kareena is repeating the same.
Take a look at some of the social media reactions with #BoycottKareenaKhan.
Earlier this week, a report in Bollywood Hungama suggested that Kareena was approached by the makers of Sita and she had asked for an amount of Rs 12 crore. The report cited a source who claimed that usually the actor asks for six to eight crore for a film, but such a huge amount has put the producer in a fuss. The role might go to a younger actor instead, but Kareena will remain their first choice.
- Man beaten to death on birthday in UP’s Bareilly
- Faith-based schools less favourable towards education of girls: UNESCO
- Centre must extend retirement age of ‘Agniveers’ to 65 years: Mamata
- Sri Lanka exploring options to purchase oil from Russia: Minister
- Arunachal: IFCSAP welcomes Droupadi Murmu’s selection as prez candidate
- Centre using its agencies against those speaking the truth: Mamata