Rajya Sabha MP and world boxing champion MC Mary Kom donated Rs 3 lakh to support ‘Oxygen ATM’, an initiative by Helping Hands for Northeast COVID-19 patients in Delhi NCR and also to cover the cost of final rites for the people of the Northeast in the national capital.
Mary Kom said: “I will support whatever I can do from my MPLAD fund in this critical time for distressed COVID patients from NE states, please continue to help them. No words are enough to thank Helping Hands volunteers for their selfless social works in this dangerous Covid crisis.”
Started by Special Commissioner of Delhi Police, Robin Hibu, IPS, the Oxygen ATM are being delivered for SOS cases.
On receiving the cheque, Hibu said, “Deeply touched by Mary Kom’s benevolent concern for our marooned distress NE folks in this unprecedented covid crisis time.”
He said she is the first Member of Parliament from Northeast states to support Helping Hands. Hibu conveyed deep gratitude to her on behalf of the Northeastern people in the city.
Helping Hand can be reached on WhatsApp only on this number: 9810083486.
In March 2020, Mary Kom donated her one month’s salary as Rajya Sabha MP, amounting to Rs 1 lakh, to the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund to combat the COVID-19 pandemic in the country.
- What happens if you need to pee while you’re asleep?
- Drivers in Mizoram repair dilapidated roads
- Keeping your cool in a warming world: 8 steps to help manage eco-anxiety
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel