New Delhi: B2C social commerce platform Gobillion raised seed funding of $2.9 million led by YCombinator, Justin Mateen (Founder – Tinder, through the JAM Fund) and Pioneer Fund.
Incepted in 2020 and globally headquartered in San Francisco, USA, with its India head office in New Delhi, Gobillion was co-founded by IIM-NIT alumni Roshan Farhan and Kulapradip Bharali.
This latest injection of funds will be primarily optimised for scaling Gobillion’s business expansion, launching more categories, and strengthening its operations, product development, and technology teams.
Speaking on the seed fundraise, Roshan Farhan, Founder and CEO, Gobillion, said, “We are super excited to be building Gobillion and having secured the backing of marquee global investors who believe in our vision of making e-commerce social and accessible. The next frontier of growth and opportunity is enabling commerce for customers in small towns in India – we are well-positioned to unlock rapid growth and delight customers with our offerings. We will be leveraging the capital to put our long-term plans into action and create a strong foundation for our business. The funds will help us invest in expanding our market, augment our tech and product capabilities while doubling down on the hiring of new talent across functions. We are grateful to our investors and customers who continue to champion our long term mission.”
Gobillion plans to launch its services across 12 cities in the next 1.5 years while scaling across 100 more cities in the upcoming four to five years.
- Sikkim Republic Day celebration to be low-key
- Arunachal R-Day tableau to display Anglo-Abor Wars
- ‘Bulli Bai’ case accused used Sikh names to create animosity: Cops to court
- Meghalaya oposition attacks govt, says illegal coal mining continues
- Women’s AFC Asian Cup to proceed as long as there are 13 players: Praful Patel
- Republic Day flypast this year will be ‘grandest’ with 75 aircraft: IAF