Guwahati: Guwahati City FC (GCFC) has been nominated as the first-ever Football club from Assam for Hero Indian Women’s League 2021-22 Qualifiers.
While Indian National Senior Women’s team have been preparing for AFC Women’s Asian Cup to be held at Mumbai from 20th January, this news has brought new hopes for Assam Women’s Football.
As per the rules and regulations of All India Football Federation, Assam Football Association has nominated Guwahati City FC after following due process. Guwahati City FC formed its Women’s Football Team on 8th March, 2021 with twin objectives of developing the women’s game and represent the state in the IWL. Several promising girl Footballers are also getting trained in the GCFC Football Academy.
The club which started first ever Golden Baby League in the state, has been preparing to script history again by participating in the top division of Indian Women’s Football and opening up new opportunities for local women footballers, told a club statement released by Director Kaustab Chakraborty. He also thanked the Assam Football Association for adding a new chapter for Assam Football.
- Home minister Amit Shah to discuss poll preparedness in Tripura
- Watch: Croatian player’s son consoles Neymar after Brazil’s big upset
- Assam: Tezpur Lit Fest 2022 kicks off at NERIWALM campus
- Meghalaya govt took Rs 1,500 cr loan to distribute to farmers ahead of elections: BJP
- Mamata did not get chance to speak at G20 virtual meet chaired by PM: Official
- India reports 210 fresh COVID-19 cases