Sabira Khatun, 25, used to work in a private school in Jania of the Barpeta district in Assam till January 2020. Like many others, she was rendered jobless after the school was shut due to the COVID-induced lockdown.
Khatun was left with nothing but to sit idle in her house in Gagalmari village, which faces flood and erosion every year, at the hands of the Chaulkhowa river.
The school job was crucial in......
- Bhaichung Bhutia joins Bharat Jodo Yatra; bats for ILP in Sikkim
- Congratulations pour in for Team India as they lift U-19 women’s T20 World Cup
- Rang Ghar will be promoted to place it on world tourism map: Assam CM
- Tripura 2023: Left to leave ‘few more’ seats to Congress
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong will win 10 seats in Garo Hills, says Deborah Marak
- Himanta to accompany Tripura CM for filing nomination in Assembly polls