Guwahati: A 60-year-old man died on Wednesday after being bitten by the King Cobra snake he had caught and was playing with at Bishnupur village in Assam’s Cachar district.
The deceased has been identified as Raghunandan Bhumij.
The incident was recorded by locals of the village on their mobile phones. In the video, the Cachar man was seen wrapping a King Cobra around his neck, which he had caught while working at a nearby paddy field.
As per reports, Bhumij held the snake its neck and roamed around the village while playing with it, which allegedly prompted the snake to bite him.
The man was taken to the Silchar Medical College Hospital, where doctors declared him dead.
Later, a team of the local forest officials rushed to the spot and rescued the snake.
Also read | Daring video of forest officer feeding cobra with water goes viral
- Nagaland observes World Tuberculosis Day
- TB to be eliminated by 2025: Manipur health minister Sapam Ranjan Singh
- India’s largest hydropower project to commence soon: Arunachal Dy CM
- Manipur: One PLA insurgent arrested in Bishnupur
- Does it matter what time I go to bed?
- Charred bodies of 3 Mizoram residents found inside Myanmar territory