Tinsukia: In yet another incident of kidnapping from Arunachal’s Longding district, one person has been reportedly kidnapped by suspected National Socialist Council of Nagalim (K-YA) from Pumao village.
The victim, identified as Alai Wangsu, is the president of Pumao village and was reportedly abducted on May 9, sources said.
The developments came days after Gaon Burah (village headman) Napho Boham of Lauksim village was abducted by a group of 4 to 5 armed militants, prompting local villagers to hit the streets and protest against NSCN (K-YA).
According to sources, the abduction happened around midnight on May 9 when two armed cadres of NSCN (K-YA) took away the victim on gunpoint. “As per reports, the victim was taken towards Zangkham in Nagaland.”
Security forces have launched operation to rescue the victim. However, he is yet to be traced. According to sources, self-styled sergeant Abojak Wangnalow and self-styled Lt. Wangjen Wangsaham are behind the abduction.
However, two days back Gaon Burah Boham was released following pressure from local villagers and security forces. However, there is not report of any arrest so far.
Also read: Is IPFT, BJP’s main ally in Tripura, on the verge of a split?
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for March 30
- Modi remark row: Lalit Modi threatens to take Rahul Gandhi to court in UK
- President Murmu to be on 2-day visit to Assam from Apr 6
- Manipur: Overground worker of KCP held in Churachandpur district
- Govt nixes import duty on drugs, food for personal medical use
- IPL beckons for Northeast India as Guwahati gears up for 2 matches