China recently upped the ante and ‘renamed’ places in Arunachal. Indians shot back by calling Beijing Bhujang Nagar and Tibet’s capital Lhasa as Laxmangarh.
What is going on here? And beyond the fun and memes, what are the implications of the Communist regime going on a Naamkaran spree?
Watch this week’s episode of Decoded to understand the reason behind China’s obsession with Arunachal, or Zangnan, as ‘they’ like to call it.
- WHO counts 18 million virus cases last week as omicron slows
- Pfizer chief Albert Bourla wins $1 million Genesis Prize
- US, allies pledge unity on Russia; to do what isn’t as clear
- Al-Qaida’s links with Pak-based terror groups strengthening: India at UN
- Three of Tonga’s smaller islands badly damaged by tsunami
- No new COVID restrictions yet: Himanta