Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh reported 266 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, taking the tally to 34,480, a senior health official said.
Three more people died in the state, following which the toll rose to 165, he said.
Among those died in the last two days are a 47-year- old man from West Kameng, an 80-year-old man from Capital Complex Region, and an 80-year-old woman from Papumpare, State Surveillance Officer (SSO) Dr Lobsang Jampa said.
Arunachal’s Capital Complex Region reported the highest number of new COVID-19 cases at 55, followed by West Kameng (41) and Lohit (25).
Of the new cases, 250 were detected through rapid antigen tests, nine through RT-PCR and seven through TrueNat methods, he said.
There are 2,523 active COVID-19 cases in Arunachal Pradesh at present, he said.
In the last 24 hours, 305 patients recovered. So far, 31,792 have recovered in the frontier state.
The new cases were detected after testing 5,171 samples.
- Assam Guv adopts 10 TB patients under Nikshay Mitra initiative
- Two stretches of NH-17 soon to be converted into 4-lane in Assam
- Exclusive: Thangkhiew was planning blast in Shillong, says Meghalaya CM
- More than 720 children, women rescued by RPF: Official
- ‘Tar’ review: Cate Blanchett’s stellar performance marks the highlight
- Rupee may remain under depreciation pressure: Economic Survey