A man was killed, and his children seriously injured after heavy rains triggered a landslide at Kuthong Village in Arunachal Pradesh’s Tirap district in the wee hours of Tuesday.
The deceased has been identified as Ngowang Hangphuk (50). Hangphuk along with his two sons were sleeping in their paddy farmhouse when the landslide hit the area.
Officials said on receiving information about the incident, Tirap deputy commissioner Taro Mize deployed Lazu extra assistant commissioner D K Thungdok, the SDRF, Assam Rifles and police personnel to visit Kuthong Village to carry out the rescue operation.
While Hangphuk died on the spot, his sons who were grievously injured have been admitted to Lazu primary health centre for treatment, the officials added.
EAC Thungdok informed that the body of the deceased would be handed over to his family after the post mortem.
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever reclaims myth of an African utopia
- Voices still missing from online activism
- Sharp butt pains & more: 5 lesser-known menstrual cycle symptoms
- Outdated Covid travel advisories, conflicting norms causing inconvenience to people
- Making efforts to protect rights of baby in foster care in Germany: MEA
- Why our world might look very different if dinosaurs hadn’t gone extinct