A man was killed, and his children seriously injured after heavy rains triggered a landslide at Kuthong Village in Arunachal Pradesh’s Tirap district in the wee hours of Tuesday.
The deceased has been identified as Ngowang Hangphuk (50). Hangphuk along with his two sons were sleeping in their paddy farmhouse when the landslide hit the area.
Officials said on receiving information about the incident, Tirap deputy commissioner Taro Mize deployed Lazu extra assistant commissioner D K Thungdok, the SDRF, Assam Rifles and police personnel to visit Kuthong Village to carry out the rescue operation.
While Hangphuk died on the spot, his sons who were grievously injured have been admitted to Lazu primary health centre for treatment, the officials added.
EAC Thungdok informed that the body of the deceased would be handed over to his family after the post mortem.
- Meghalaya Lottery August 4: Check Future Flush Noon lottery result
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result
- Ravi Dahiya ensures fourth medal for India with sensational ‘pin down’
- Mizoram Lottery August 4: Check Prospect Day lottery result
- Long-lasting Covid symptoms rare in children: Lancet study
- Mizoram, Assam talks aim to de-escalate border dispute