Guwahati: Arunachal MLA Ninong Ering has written to Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal requesting him to increase railway infrastructure in the state, as China is speeding up the process of developing rail network near Arunachal.
This comes after Swarajya reported that China is conducting final trial of its new high-speed rail line linking Lhasa, the capital of Tibet, with Nyingchi, a town opposite India’s Tuting sector in the Upper Siang district of Arunachal, according to a Chinese journalist tweet.
Also Read | Arunachal Pradesh does not exist for Asian Development Bank. But why?
Ering said, “If the railway-line is extended from Pasighat to Rupoi (Assam) via Tezu and Namsai, it will be easier for movement of armed/ defence forces, as I consider safety and security of our country is first.
Requesting the Union minister, he said, rail infra development in Pasighat should be taken up on priority “so that we can compete in development with our neighbourhood.”
Also Read | Racial slur on Arunachal MLA might land Punjab Youtuber in jail
- Karbis ‘not allowed to enter Assam territory’ along Meghalaya border?
- Energy, trade cooperation set to be focus of Modi-Prachanda talks
- Meghalaya: Hawkers selling allopathic medicines sets off alarm bells in Garo Hills
- Nepal wants Indian investments in energy sector, more air routes: FM
- Only 2.74% of loans to self-help groups turned bad: Tripura CM
- NFR collects Rs 62.98 cr from ticketless travellers in 2022-23