Guwahati: Arunachal MLA Ninong Ering has written to Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal requesting him to increase railway infrastructure in the state, as China is speeding up the process of developing rail network near Arunachal.
This comes after Swarajya reported that China is conducting final trial of its new high-speed rail line linking Lhasa, the capital of Tibet, with Nyingchi, a town opposite India’s Tuting sector in the Upper Siang district of Arunachal, according to a Chinese journalist tweet.
Ering said, “If the railway-line is extended from Pasighat to Rupoi (Assam) via Tezu and Namsai, it will be easier for movement of armed/ defence forces, as I consider safety and security of our country is first.
Requesting the Union minister, he said, rail infra development in Pasighat should be taken up on priority “so that we can compete in development with our neighbourhood.”
- Nowhere near Neeraj, but my time will come: Nat’l Games Gold medallist Manu DP
- Nagaland ad hoc teachers’ hunger strike for service regularisation enters 7th day
- Scientists discover new fish species in Nagaland
- Tribal body threatens agitation demanding Sarna code
- National Games: Lovlina, Jaismine, Hussamuddin off to winning starts
- No terror angle emerged in murder of DG (Prisons): J-K Police