New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday congratulated weightlifter Harjinder Kaur for winning a bronze medal at the Commonwealth Games and noted that the Indian weightlifting contingent has performed exceptionally well.
India’s Harjinder Kaur claimed the bronze medal in the women’s 71kg weightlifting competition after a dramatic climax at the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham on Monday.
Luck was on Kaur’s side as she was assured of a podium finish after Nigeria’s gold medal favourite Joy Eze was knocked out following three failed attempts in the clean and jerk category.
“Our weightlifting contingent has performed exceptionally well at the Birmingham CWG. Continuing this, Harjinder Kaur wins a Bronze medal. Congratulations to her for this special accomplishment. Best wishes to her for her future endeavours,” Modi tweeted.
- UGC tells education institutions to create awareness on ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ campaign
- Former Pak PM Imran Khan took most items from Toshakhana for free
- China continues rare military drills around Taiwan even after 4 days
- Top TTP commander Khorasani, 3 others killed in Afghanistan blast
- US-China relationship unlikely to improve soon: Singapore PM Lee
- Students stage protest against massive fuel price hike in Bangladesh