New Delhi: Rapper-singer Drake paid another heartfelt tribute to Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala as he wore a t-shirt with the late musician’s picture printed on it at a recent concert.
Drake, who has previously condoled Moosewala’s demise on various platforms including social media and his radio show, chose the white t-shirt for his performance in hometown Toronto, Canada, the videos from which are going viral on internet.
The gig was held on Thursday at History, a new venue in Toronto.
Moosewala, whose real name was Shubhdeep Singh, was shot dead on May 29 in Punjab’s Mansa district, a day after the state government curtailed his security cover.
The singer-rapper enjoyed a cult following in India and abroad with songs like “So High”, “Same Beef”, “The Last Ride”, “Just Listen” and “295”.
Following his demise, Drake had shared a picture of the “So High” hitmaker with his mother on Instagram and captioned it, “RIP MOOSE @sidhu_moosewala.”
He also paid a tribute to Moosewala on his radio show Table for One on Sound42 station on SiriusXM, where he played the Punjabi singer’s tracks “295” and “G-Sh**”.
Drake started following Moosewala on Instagram in 2020.
Moosewala, who counted Drake as one of his music influences and followed him on social media, was a regular performer at live shows in Canada.
- India’s first portal on arrested narco offenders gets operational
- How a US-based agency is helping Indian police check child sex abuse, porn
- India has never been defensive about stand on buying Russian oil: EAM
- Meghalaya introduces boiled eggs as part of nutrition programme
- Hockey India polls to be completed by Oct 9: FIH, CoA joint statement
- Students’ groups protest against CAA in Meghalaya