Dubai: UAE President and ruler of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan passed away on Friday, local reports quoting the Ministry of Presidential Affairs said.
“The Ministry of Presidential Affairs condoles the people of the UAE, the Arab and Islamic nation and the world over the demise of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the president of the UAE, a WAM statement read.
Sheikh Khalifa served as the President of the UAE and ruler of Abu Dhabi since November 3, 2004.
The Ministry of Presidential Affairs has announced 40 days of mourning for the passing of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, UAE President and Ruler of Abu Dhabi, the Khaleej Times reported.
Flags will be flown at half-mast and ministries, departments, federal and local institutions will suspend work starting today.
Also Read | New Sri Lanka PM Wickremesinghe says he looks forward to closer ties with India
- Assam, Arunachal ministers meet to discuss border issues
- Women turn small-scale entrepreneurs selling ‘pithas’, ‘larus’
- 2 NSCN-K (NS) militants kill guard, escape from Arunachal jail
- Massive landslide cuts off road to North Sikkim, destroys homes
- Delimitation exercise: ECI team in Guwahati for ground assessment
- Nagaland CM to present first budget of new govt today