Copenhagen: Queen of Denmark Margrethe II extended a warm reception to Prime Minister Narendra Modi here on Tuesday.
Prime Minister Modi felicitated the Queen on the occasion of the Golden Jubilee of her reign, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said on Twitter.
The 82-year-old Queen has been Denmark’s reigning monarch since 1972. The Danish monarchy is one of the oldest in the world.
Her Majesty, the Queen of the Kingdom of Denmark, Margrethe II extended a warm reception to PM @narendramodi. Prime Minister felicitated Her Majesty on the occasion of the Golden Jubilee of her reign, Bagchi said in a tweet.
The Royal House Kongehuset, in a statement issued on April 27, said that after the Queen receives Prime Minister Modi in audience, Her Majesty will host an official dinner afterwards in Christian VII’s Palace at Amalienborg. The Crown Prince Couple will be present at both the reception and the dinner .
Prime Minister Modi’s visit takes place in connection with the Prime Minister Frederiksen’s official visit to India in October 2021.
It will be the first time in 20 years that an Indian prime minister has made an official visit to Denmark, the Royal House added.
Also read: Modi calls for immediate ceasefire in Ukraine
- Assam CM inaugurates, lays foundation for Rs 545-cr projects
- Navy’s car expedition covering ‘entire coastline’ flagged off from Kolkata
- What the stars do not have in store for you, as per your horoscope
- Bangladesh MP bats for border hospitals on lines of border haats
- Assam: APSC conducts CCE (Preliminary) exam in 31 districts
- Mizoram poll officials to visit Tripura over Bru migrants names deletion