New Delhi: Union Minister Kiren Rijiju, who is currently in Slovakia overseeing the evacuation of Indian students from Ukraine, on Thursday, visited a border transit area along the war-hit nation.
“Today morning, I visited Bidovce in Slovakia to check basic facilities for our citizens coming from Ukraine. Initially, they had faced difficulties which will be taken care of now,” he told PTI.
Rijiju also interacted with the students who reached Bidovce from Ukraine and enquired about their well being.
Earlier, while interacting with another batch of stranded students at Ukrainian town Kosice, the minister said they could face some difficulties as the government has been facilitating the evacuation of a large number of Indian students in a very short time.
“There may be certain shortcomings, certain difficulties. I am sure you will bear with that. Because it is not a normal time to evacuate such a large number of students as soon as possible which requires a high level of intervention,” he told the students.
- Union Minister Sonowal hosts ‘Me-Dam-Me-Phi’ festival
- Budget 2023: Highest-ever outlay of Rs 2.40 lakh crore for railways
- Assam: Heroin worth over Rs 3cr seized in Karbi Anglong, 3 held
- Tripura 2023: EC rejects CPI(M)’s complaint against BJP candidate
- Budget 2023: FM announces new savings scheme for women
- Assam: Priest, two others held for drug peddling in Nagaon