Rameswaram (TN): The Sri Lankan Navy on Tuesday apprehended 11 fishermen from here for alleged violation of its maritime boundary, a senior state government official said.
However, the fishermen here denied their colleagues violated the maritime boundary.
According to a senior Fisheries department official here, the Lankan navy apprehended 11 fishermen and three of their boats in the small hours on Tuesday.
The incident drew outrage among the local fishermen community here.
Meanwhile, Ramanathapuram Lok Sabha member K Navas Kani flagged the matter with the Centre and wanted a permanent end to the matter.
- World’s first ‘parastronaut’. Will anyone be able to go to space one day?
- India’s presidency of G-20 a matter of pride for all citizens: PM Modi
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for December 5
- Assam conservationists win big at Sanctuary Wildlife Awards
- Nagaland Lottery December 5: Check Dear Sun Monday lottery result
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for December 5