The Hague: The European Union drugs regulator authorised Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine for use on children aged from 5 to 11 years on Thursday, clearing the way for shots to be administered to millions of elementary school children on the continent amid a new wave of infections sweeping across Europe.
It is the first time the European Medicines Agency has cleared a COVID-19 vaccine for use in young children.
The agency said it recommended granting an extension of indication for the COVID-19 vaccine Comirnaty to include use in children aged 5 to 11. (AP)
Also read: PM lays foundation stone of Noida International Airport
- Meghalaya CM: Schools don’t want responsibility of running govt buses
- Picked for India, Manipur footballer’s fate hangs in passport office’s hands
- LDP merges with Congress in Assam
- Assam cash for job scam: 57 civil servants arrested, dismissed
- Sarma launches Mission Lifestyle for Environment’ in Assam
- Over 30 projects being executed under Smart City Mission: Mizoram DyCM