Glasgow (AP) Greta Thunberg branded the UN climate talks in Glasgow so far a failure, accusing leaders of actively creating loopholes in the rules and greenwashing their countries’ emissions.
Speaking at a rally outside the conference venue, Thunberg called for tougher rules to clamp down on polluters instead of what she termed distant, non-binding pledges.
World leaders are obviously scared of the truth, yet no matter how hard they try, they cannot escape it, she said.
They cannot ignore the scientific consensus, and above all they cannot ignore us – the people, including their own children. (AP)
Also read: India’s forex reserves increase USD 1.9 bn to USD 642 bn
- Here’s how India’s warming nights impact health
- Manipur: Lawyer, businessman file plea in SC against internet ban
- Meghalaya buying power worth Rs 3 crore every day: CM Sangma
- Pakistan may pull out of Asia Cup after SL, Afghan, Bangladesh reject ‘Hybrid Model’
- Odisha train crash: Assam man recalls co-traveler’s severed head on chest
- Meghalaya Cabinet to amend memo on roster system