Jammu: A minibus skidded off the road and rolled down into a gorge in Jammu and Kashmir’s Doda district on Thursday, leaving nine passengers dead and 15 others injured, officials said.
The mini-bus was carrying passengers to Thathri from Doda when the accident took place at Sui Gowrie area, they said.
The bus broke into pieces as it fell into the gorge.
While eight persons died on the spot, another person succumbed to injuries on the way to the hospital.
Seven of the injured are being airlifted to the Government Medical College (GMC) Hospital in Jammu for specialised treatment while others are being taken to the GMC in Doda, they said.
Union Minister Jitendra Singh condoled the loss of lives in the accident.
“Learnt about tragic road accident near Thatri,#Doda. Just now spoke to D.C.Doda Sh Vikas Sharma”, Singh said in a tweet.
Whatever further assistance required will be provided, he said.
- Scientists need help to save nature. With a smartphone and these 8 tips, we can get our kids on the case
- Scientists find tailor-made pocket feature shared by coronaviruses causing severe disease
- More than a story of treasures: revisiting Tutankhamun’s tomb 100 years after its discovery
- China holds first meeting with 19 countries in Indian Ocean region sans India
- Legislature, executive must enable liberty, equality, fraternity: CJI
- Guwahati: Assam down town University hosts HR conclave