Former President of the United States of America is receiving treatment in a California hospital for a urinary tract infection that reportedly developed into sepsis.
The 75-year-old was admitted to the UC Irvine Medical Center on Tuesday. He received antibiotics and fluid and would most likely be released to go home soon.
His health is being monitored and after two days of treatment, his white blood cell count is getting normal and he is responding well to the antibiotics according to sources close to him, as reported by International media.
According to US media, Clinton was in California attending a private event for his foundation when he felt ill and underwent tests.
The doctors in California are in touch with his medical team in New York as he has a history of heart ailments.
In 2004, Clinton had quadruple bypass surgery and, ten years later, had a clogged artery opened after complaining of chest pains. Known for his love for fast and fatty foods, he turned vegan post this surgery.
Bill Clinton served as the president of the United States from 1993 to 2001.
- JAC seeks clarity on ‘Sikkimese’ definition after SC’s revised order
- 10 Indians stuck in remote areas of quake-hit Turkey, but safe: MEA
- Assam: Chenga MLA Ashraful Hussain accused of kidnapping, harassing girl
- Meghalaya 2023: Crowd throngs DC office during nomination scrutiny
- BJP-ruled Tripura got development at speed of bullet train: Yogi at rally
- It is clear PM Modi protecting Adani: Rahul Gandhi