Every year on September 25, World Pharmacist Day is celebrated to honour and recognise pharmacists’ contributions towards global health. This year the theme for World Pharmacists Day is “Pharmacy: Always Trusted For Your Health”.
World Pharmacist Day was founded by the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) in 1912. The Federation of International Pharmacists or FIP is a global federation of national groups of pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists.
The FIP is not only raising awareness on the role of a pharmacist in the healthcare system but also furthering that role through increased community involvement on national and local levels by encouraging and supporting FIP member organisations to participate in celebrating World Pharmacists Day.
This year’s theme was chosen to focus on the importance of trust in the healthcare system and the pharmacy profession.
According to a statement on the FIP website, “Trust is also important in health care: there is a link between patient trust in healthcare workers and patient health outcomes. Patients with stronger confidence in their healthcare practitioners reported better satisfaction with treatment, more good health behaviours and less symptoms, and enhanced quality of life in a variety of clinical settings.”
- First dataset on tree-moss dwelling diatoms from Mizoram’s Blue Mountains
- Intensify efforts to engage community in forest conservation: Arunachal minister
- Why Anjana Areng, a former banker from Tura, is hoping for a BJP ticket
- Why is BlueWalker 3, an enormous communications satellite, alarming astronomers?
- Air pollution linked with multiple long-term health conditions: Study
- Covid pandemic altered teens’ brains, study finds