Every year on September 25, World Pharmacist Day is celebrated to honour and recognise pharmacists’ contributions towards global health. This year the theme for World Pharmacists Day is “Pharmacy: Always Trusted For Your Health”.
World Pharmacist Day was founded by the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) in 1912. The Federation of International Pharmacists or FIP is a global federation of national groups of pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists.
The FIP is not only raising awareness on the role of a pharmacist in the healthcare system but also furthering that role through increased community involvement on national and local levels by encouraging and supporting FIP member organisations to participate in celebrating World Pharmacists Day.
This year’s theme was chosen to focus on the importance of trust in the healthcare system and the pharmacy profession.
According to a statement on the FIP website, “Trust is also important in health care: there is a link between patient trust in healthcare workers and patient health outcomes. Patients with stronger confidence in their healthcare practitioners reported better satisfaction with treatment, more good health behaviours and less symptoms, and enhanced quality of life in a variety of clinical settings.”
- Meghalaya: 12 differently-abled beneficiaries receive assistive devices
- Nagaland: Rengma Nagas to go on hunger strike over demand for district
- Mizoram minister says MNF ‘anointed by God’ to face hard times
- Elephants fall into same pond for second day in Assam’s Goalpara
- Manipur ambush: Nagaland Guv extends financial aid to deceased soldier’s family
- Centre issues FAQs on Omicron, says follow precautions as before