Kabul, Sep 19: Witnesses say an explosion targeted a Taliban vehicle in the provincial city of Jalalabad, the second such deadly blast in as many days in an Islamic State stronghold.
The Taliban and IS extremists are enemies, and fought each other even before the Taliban seized control of Afghanistan last month.
Witnesses say Sunday’s explosion targeted a vehicle of the border police, which is now run by the Taliban. Initial reports said five people were killed, including two civilians, among them a child. The Taliban were not immediately available for comment about possible casualties among their ranks.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Round of 16 games today, December 4
- Meghalaya: World Disabled Day observed in South Garo Hills
- Leftist agenda on JNU campus won’t succeed anymore: VHP
- BJP-IPFT has given corruption free governance in Tripura: Manik Saha
- Special help desk for persons with disabilities at Guwahati airport
- With Meghalaya speaker joining NPP, will TMC take Phulbari’s sitting MLA?