Kabul, Sep 19: Witnesses say an explosion targeted a Taliban vehicle in the provincial city of Jalalabad, the second such deadly blast in as many days in an Islamic State stronghold.
The Taliban and IS extremists are enemies, and fought each other even before the Taliban seized control of Afghanistan last month.
Witnesses say Sunday’s explosion targeted a vehicle of the border police, which is now run by the Taliban. Initial reports said five people were killed, including two civilians, among them a child. The Taliban were not immediately available for comment about possible casualties among their ranks.
- VHP stages protest in West Bengal, Assam over attacks on minorities in Bangladesh
- Northeast to be developed as India’s bio-economic hub: Jitendra Singh
- Sikkim logs 27 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- IIT-Delhi to offer BTech course in Energy Engineering from 2021 academic session
- Liquor worth Rs 720 crore sold in Bengal during Durga Puja
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM