Seoul: The powerful sister of North Korea’s leader has criticized South Korean President Moon Jae-in and threatened complete destruction of relations hours after Moon said South Korea’s growing missile capabilities will serve as a sure deterrence” against North Korean provocations.
Moon made the comments after South Korea’s first successful test of a submarine-launched ballistic missile. The test came hours after the South Korean and Japanese militaries said North Korea had fired two ballistic missiles into the sea.
In a statement released by state media on Wednesday, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s sister, Kim Yo Jong, criticised Moon’s description of the North Korean missile tests as a provocation and warned of complete destruction of bilateral relations if Moon continues with what she described as slander of North Korea.
- Satra land encroachment: Commission report shows Barpeta worst affected
- Tripura targets to procure 35,000 MT of paddy in 2022-23: Minister
- NFR cancels trains on Darjeeling Himalayan Railway route. Check details
- Without adequate computer skills, employability will remain a challenge
- Assam: FIR against 12 people in JB College ragging case
- Maruti Suzuki to hike vehicle prices from January