According to reports, the bizarre and troubled owner of popular antivirus software company McAfee, John McAfee has been found dead inside the prison cell where he was being held.
He was being held in Brians 2 Penitentiary Center, outside of Barcelona, Spain, waiting to be extradited to the United States of America to face tax evasion charges against him.
Earlier in the day, the Spanish National Court found out that McAfee could be extradited to face his US-based charges.
The creator of the antivirus software that still bears his name, McAfee, had been arrested at the Barcelona airport in October 2020 and held under custody while awaiting the results of the extradition hearings.
- Ventilation reduces the risk of COVID. So why are we still ignoring it?
- Does fake behaviour strike a chord with the corrupt?
- West Bengal planning green hydrogen plant in Durgapur
- Prior sanction required for direction to register FIR for hate speech, says court
- NKorea’s nuclear program is funded by stolen cryptocurrency. Could it collapse?
- Youth are growth engine of India: Union minister Anurag Thakur