New Delhi: The United Kingdom’s Home Department has cleared the extradition of fugitive diamantaire Nirav Modi, who is wanted in an over Rs 13,000-crore bank fraud case, officials said on Friday.
He had allegedly perpetrated the fraud in the Punjab National Bank in collusion with his uncle Mehul Choksi.
On February 25, a Westminster Magistrates’ Court allowed Modi’s extradition.
The findings of the court were sent to the UK Home Department as per which it cleared the extradition.
- Durga Puja: Why isn’t this the real one and 7 other mind-boggling facts you didn’t know about
- International Coffee Day: 5 types of coffee drinks you MUST try
- Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, messages to share during the festival
- Nagaland: Agitating teachers to continue hunger strike
- Veteran star Asha Parekh receives Dada Saheb Phalke award
- Will stay away from active politics post retirement as Meghalaya Guv: Satya Pal Malik