London (AP): British talk show host Piers Morgan has quit the show Good Morning Britain after making controversial comments about the Duchess of Sussex.
The U.K.’s media watchdog said earlier Tuesday that it was launching an investigation into the show under its harm and offense rules after receiving more than 41,000 complaints about Morgan’s comments on Meghan.
In her interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan spoke about how she didn’t want to be alive anymore as she struggled to fit in with the monarchy and that her request for help was rejected.
Morgan on Monday said that he didn’t believe a word the duchess said. That drew criticism from many, including the mental health charity Mind.
On Tuesday’s episode, Morgan stormed off the set of the programme following a heated discussion with a fellow presenter about Harry and Meghan’s allegations about racism in the royal family.
ITV, which produces Good Morning Britain, said Tuesday: Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain.’ ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add.
- Carelessness? 30 test COVID-19 positive at Sikkim nursing college
- Tripura govt issues guidelines for Durga Puja celebrations
- HC refuses bail to Yes Bank founder Rana Kapoor’s wife, daughters in corruption case
- Watch: Assam faces drought, but state farmers receive no support
- Meghalaya netizens beware! Cops issue KBC Lottery fraud alert
- Navjot Sidhu resigns as Punjab Congress chief, triggers crisis in party