London (AP): British talk show host Piers Morgan has quit the show Good Morning Britain after making controversial comments about the Duchess of Sussex.
The U.K.’s media watchdog said earlier Tuesday that it was launching an investigation into the show under its harm and offense rules after receiving more than 41,000 complaints about Morgan’s comments on Meghan.
In her interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan spoke about how she didn’t want to be alive anymore as she struggled to fit in with the monarchy and that her request for help was rejected.
Also Read | 5 key points from Harry and Meghan’s explosive TV interview
Morgan on Monday said that he didn’t believe a word the duchess said. That drew criticism from many, including the mental health charity Mind.
On Tuesday’s episode, Morgan stormed off the set of the programme following a heated discussion with a fellow presenter about Harry and Meghan’s allegations about racism in the royal family.
ITV, which produces Good Morning Britain, said Tuesday: Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain.’ ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add.
Also Read | Race, title and anguish: Meghan and Harry explain royal rift
- Here’s how India’s warming nights impact health
- Manipur: Lawyer, businessman file plea in SC against internet ban
- Meghalaya buying power worth Rs 3 crore every day: CM Sangma
- Pakistan may pull out of Asia Cup after SL, Afghan, Bangladesh reject ‘Hybrid Model’
- Odisha train crash: Assam man recalls co-traveler’s severed head on chest
- Meghalaya Cabinet to amend memo on roster system
Leave a comment