E-commerce giant Amazon joined the league of apparel e-commerce platform Myntra when it quietly tweaked its new logo after people pointed out that it bears resemblance to Adolf Hitler.
For the first time in five years, Amazon changed its logo in January 2021 from the shopping cart symbol to a brown box with a piece of jagged blue tap and the company’s iconic smile-shaped arrow.
However, netizens were quick to point out the uncanny resemblance of the blue coloured tape to the infamous toothbrush moustache adorned by the German dictator.
To avoid controversy, the e-commerce platform silently replaced the jagged end tape with a blue strip to make it look like a folded over piece of tape.
Check how netizens reacted:
Nonetheless, the updated logo is now getting compared with Aang from Avatar: The Last Airbender’s Aang.
- Here’s how India’s warming nights impact health
- Manipur: Lawyer, businessman file plea in SC against internet ban
- Meghalaya buying power worth Rs 3 crore every day: CM Sangma
- Pakistan may pull out of Asia Cup after SL, Afghan, Bangladesh reject ‘Hybrid Model’
- Odisha train crash: Assam man recalls co-traveler’s severed head on chest
- Meghalaya Cabinet to amend memo on roster system