With Farmer protests in India getting worldwide attention, a 40-second ad video in support of the protests which was aired in Fresno during a Super Bowl on Sunday is the new talk of the town.
The video begins with a quote by Martin Luther King Jr which stated, “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” The video then goes on to show news clips and visuals of the agitation which has been going on since November 2020.
The ad closes with a message for the mayor of the city of Fresno, Jerry Dyer who stated, “We want you to know, our brothers and sisters in India, that we stand with you.”
Check the video out:
Also Read: Govt asks Twitter to block 1,178 accounts for spreading misinformation amid farmer stir
The video has been shared by many Twitter users as well.
Also Read: Haryana farmer’s body found hanging from tree near Tikri border protest site
The protests in India has sparked international interest with tweets from climate activist Greta Thunberg, lawyer and niece of US Vice President Kamala Harris, Meena Harris, pop star Rihanna going viral on February 2.
Additionally, the super bowl is one of the most-watched sporting events in the US. In 2015, it even made history with 114.4 million viewers tuning in as per the National Football League.
Many political stalwarts have, however, expressed their concerns of an ongoing poly to defame India at an international level with tweets and posts by global celebrities and figures.
- Here’s how India’s warming nights impact health
- Manipur: Lawyer, businessman file plea in SC against internet ban
- Meghalaya buying power worth Rs 3 crore every day: CM Sangma
- Pakistan may pull out of Asia Cup after SL, Afghan, Bangladesh reject ‘Hybrid Model’
- Odisha train crash: Assam man recalls co-traveler’s severed head on chest
- Meghalaya Cabinet to amend memo on roster system