Guwahati: Blues rock guitarist and Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green passed away at 73.
According to reports, law firm representing Green’s family said that he died in his sleep on Saturday.
“A further statement will be provided in the coming days,” it added.
Born in 1946, Green was inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998. The British singer-song writer formed Fleetwood Mac with drummer Mick Fleetwood in 1967.
They came together after Green’s stint filling in for Eric Clapton. Green and Fleetwood then convinced John McVie to join the band as bass guitarist, by naming the band Fleetwood Mac.
Popularly known Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac, the band released its debut album in 1968. However, he left the band two years later, in 1970, owing to his struggle with mental health issues. subsequently, he was diagnosed with Schizophrenia.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands